Friday, March 5, 2010

Canada Wedding Celebration




Kim and Holly under the Chupa with sons and attendants Don and Maureen

On February 17 we were privileged and honored to attend a wedding renewal in Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada. About 25 people were present and the bride later told me that they had made the date for this very special event so we could be a part of it. We were thrilled to be present! A big part of this renewal celebration was due to the movie, Fireproof. The website that goes along with the theme presented in the movie is: www.fireproofmymarriage.com. Our last night in Salmon Arm, our good friend Maureen put the movie on and we sat together and watched it, (for her the third time). The message came across loud and clear, take care of and cherish your spouse or one day you may wake up and find yourself alone. In a very clear and understandable way the movie presented a path to reconciliation and love again.
Steve, Don and Jesse leading worship

Reflecting on this wedding renewal I am wondering if I/we have come to a place of taking for granted, ignoring needs and requests, putting off responsibilities, not taking time, the specialness, the romance, the love for not just my/your spouse but for our Yashua. Has His need for intimacy gone unmet? That door He is standing at knocking is ours! These words were written to the congregation of Laodicea:
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Signing the Ketuba

It would serve us well to take these words of Yashua to heart not only in our relationship with Him but also with each other. Kim and Holly took the initiative and by and through the incredible Grace and Love of Abba laid down their lives for each other and took up new lives together in their Master Yashua.
We applaud them for renewing their life-long commitment and doing the work it took to make that renewed commitment a covenant contract. YHVH Bless you abundantly – good measure, pressed down shaken together, running over, blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friends, It is such an honor to be featured and our remarriage recognized. We were so blessed by everyone present. This turning point in our marriage has produced good fruit and it's evident in not only our relationship with each other but with our Master Yeshua. We thank him for caring and putting his finger on areas that needed changing. We recognize that He did this through many special people who attended our renewal and therefore we are thankful for each one. As his bride, we need his husbanding, and as his body, we husband (care) for one another. Please be brave and continue to do this for each other.
    Shalom, The Mitchells

    ReplyDelete