Monday, February 15, 2010

People Who Love People...



February 15, 2010
There are lessons one learns while on the road, that I wonder – could they be learned at home?
Like this one; people are more important than “to do lists”. I honestly don’t know if I would have discovered the value of this lesson from the comfort of my living room. Checking off items on my “to do list” has almost seemed like my life purpose, not laughing uproariously over a game of cards while seated at a dining table or building a snowman or watching goats do tricks or constructing marble mazes or talking recipes or looking at photo albums or listening to old “war” stories.
Presenting at a Senior Retirement Center in Colorado
Yes, I like people, but until I lost my hearing in my left ear while in Israel this past fall I never really enjoyed people. There was always too much else to do to really take time to enjoy people, right now, in the immediacy of the moment.
Compromised hearing is a frustrating, annoying, irritating disability. I struggle and strain to hear the talk at dinner tables, little children’s excited chatter, elderly folks muted comments, telephone conversations, weather reports on television, radio talk show hosts without blowing my husband out of the car, and the list goes on and on.
Ellie on the Harp in Colorado--More Coming!
It has made for many tears and much pleading until one day the sweet, gentle voice of the Holy Spirit said to me, “listen to their spirit.” A mushroom cloud of understanding exploded for me at those words, you might not be able to hear them physically so learn to hear to communicate spirit to spirit. I was floored, I was amazed – I am awed, I am whelmed!
There are still days and times when the “need” to create a list, the need to hear almost overwhelms me, but the loving kindness of The Father helps me refocus on people, their spirit need, right here right now. (I apologize if I haven't answered your email or returned your phone call, I will.) Life is becoming much more of a day by day adventure, it is slowly transitioning to “what’s next Papa?!” – the life of a bondslave of Y”Shua. Are we – am I – there yet? No. But the journey is begun. It is a great adventure, we recommend it highly!
Bob and Penny at Colorado National Monument

This life of enjoying people has taken us to retirement centers and nursing homes, schools and play yards and parks, coffee shops and deli’s, home fellowships and “Baptist” churches, the bedside of the severely ill to graduations; wherever people are. And in “the going” I am beginning to learn His Spirit flows. And I must clarify something here, it is “the going” in the compassion of Y’Shua that the rivers of living water will pour forth from those who worship The Father in both Spirit and Truth for those are the worshippers whom The Father seeks. Worship / Compassion they both bring life from the dead! We’ve experienced a trickle, we are praying and waiting for the waterfall!
Our Son Gabriel and Grandson Dylan Skiing

Wait for YHVH; be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for YHVH!
Psalm 27:14

Like the old song says;
Turn your eyes upon Y’Shua, look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.
YHVH’s Blessings be upon you and your household.
Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. We are also learning alot of lessons being on the road, living in small spaces where there is no escape, kind of forces you to be on good terms with everyone,or I should say, living at peace with all men. It also tends to creat more situations that have to be deal with!! Right now we are in FL, but Lord willing we will be back for Family week, the end of March. Will we be seeing you then?! I miss everyone and the fellowship we had in Israel. Blessings, Julia Ann

    ReplyDelete